Applesauce, for serving
Sour cream, for serving
- Using the medium holes on box grater, grate potatoes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water until ready to use. Using a clean dish towel, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, or let drain in fridge overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with eggs, flour, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about 1/8” oil until shimmering. To test if oil is hot enough, sprinkle with some flour. If flour bubbles and dissolves immediately, oil is ready.
- Add a few spoonfuls of potato mixture to the oil and pat down to flatten. Fry until crispy and golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Serve with applesauce, and sour cream.
Makes 12 latkes Recipe and Photo: delish.com, by Rian Handler